Saturday, March 6, 2010

Is it too soon to say I love you?

Is it too soon to say I love you?

Dear New York,

I know I just got off the plane yesterday, but already I want to tell you I’m smitten. I mean, we’re not strangers. In fact, we’ve been close for years, in many ways. Remember the time we had grilled cous cous salad in Tribeca? Or the iced soy mocha from the subway? Or the raw zucchini lasagna from Pure? Or that fantastic lunch at The Hummus Place in Soho? Or or or wait wait – remember the vegan carrot dog from Brooklyn? Amazing. We've definitely had some good times.

And I know that I’ve only been back for a few hours. But already I like what I see. And this time, I don’t know, feels different. Is it weird to say that I feel like I’m coming home for the first time after a long time?

Mexican food at Dos Cominos in Midtown - roasted veggie quesadilla, margaritas, homemade guacamole, and three salsas...

Soy mocha and vegan quiche with roasted veggies and bread basket from Le Pain Quotidien...

Well, New York, we’ve got the rest of this trip to see what happens. I don’t want to rush things, but I’m excited. I just know that there will be fantastic curry and cheese plates and bottles of wine and raw food in our future. Or maybe even we’ll stay in and have a slice. It all sounds great. Yeah. That’s it. Smiles.

xoxo,
Megfood.

No comments: