Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New York: They're Not Fucking Around (as promised)

A friend and I once had a joke about our alma-mater, the University of Missouri. We said their slogan should be, "UMSL: You're not fooling anyone."

Well, in the same vein, I might say something like, "Humphrys: Are you kidding me?"

or "Mosaic: Fan Fucking Tastic."

or maybe even "USAirways: A Crying Shame."

And of course, if I were to say something about New York other than "New York: Fuck Yeah," then I would probably say, "New York: They're Not Fucking Around." Because they aren't.

(as a side bar: will all this fucking cursing hurt my legal career??)

Regardless; here's why NY AIN'T FUCKING AROUND:

An iced soy mocha and the subway:

Spicy Spanish Spinach from Pipa's and the Top of the Rock:










Roasted beet and goat cheese bruschetta from the Cook Shop and Central Park:














Indian samosas and Park Ave:











Wine from HOUSE and Claes Oldenburg (fuck, you can't beat Giant Soft Fan):













Williamsburg, Brooklyn diner breaky and wall art!














Ok you see what I'm saying now? Fuck yeah.

2 comments:

EE Hirsch said...

I had to represent and point out that the TRUE "Top of the Rock" was in Chicago - atop the Prudential Building.

Have a look:
http://tinyurl.com/62dbm8

megfood said...

You Chicagoans! You think that just because the Hancock has chocolate martinis you're superior... well, ok that one's hard to argue with. But I still say: New York, Fuck Yeah. And I know you do, too.