Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I don’t think we’re going to work out.

Its not you, it’s me. Really. I think you’re, um, incredible. But We’re just not compatible.

Me and vegan shepherd’s pie, um, no.

Seemed like we’d work –on paper. I mean, eharmony would have matched us on at least 97 points – peas, mushrooms, lots of corn, sweet potatoes, tempeh, veggie stock, tomatoes.

Mmmm….. but. no.

Problem one is that YOU JUST DON’T GO AWAY. That’s a lot of shepherd’s pie for a single lady! I have needs, yes, but I also need my space.

Problem two: it’s the meatiness. I dig you tempeh, but I don’t need you. I have a full, happy, well-rounded life without you. And nutritionally balanced. Your fake-meatness really doesn’t add value.

I did my best, in the end, though: I worked my way through the reheating and rewrappings and reseasonings. I mean, I committed to your creation, I’d like to try to see it through to fruition. But I’m glad it’s over. I’ve cleaned out my fridge.

Moving on to roasted green been salad!

No comments: