Monday, March 15, 2010

You are the (big) apple of my eye.

New York: you are the apple of my eye.

My friend told my other friend that he thinks I have a crush on New York. You and I both know that's not exactly accurate.

But as a woman of few words (ahem), I defer to the masters to express how I really feel.

New York, have I told you lately that I love you? That there's no one else above you? Fill my heart with gladness. Take away all my sadness. That's what you do.

Candle Cafe, with your orange grapefruit ginger lemon juice, and your chimichurri barbecued seitan, and your brown rice veggie salad with vegan artichoke heart dressing, and your Mediterranean tofu wrap, you make me feel, you make me feel, you make me feel like a natural woman (woman).

Pegu Club, with your hand cut ice cubes, homemade maraschino cherries, candied ginger gin cocktail, and earl grey martinis, at last, my love has come along, my lonely days are over, and life is like a song. With your broccoli tempura, I found a dream that I could speak to, a dream that I can call my own. I found a thrill to rest my cheek to, a thrill that I have never known.


Mario Batali, I think about you and your Otto pizza with olive oil, roasted garlic, and spicy chilies day and night, it's only right. To think about the food I love, and hold it tight, so happy together, paired with a nice arugula roasted tomato salad.

'wichcraft: Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with your avocado pickled red onion salad topped with blackened chilies... and shaved Brussels sprout salad with Parmesan, pine nuts, and black currants, and your roasted eggplant honey ricotta toast points, and sweet potato goat cheese gratin with black olive tapenade, take my hand, take my whole life too. Because I can't help falling in love with you.


Strangers in the night exchanging glances, wondering in the night what were the chances we'd be sharing a pizza with hummus, zucchini, and wasabi peas at Graffiti. Something in your eggplant bun was so inviting, something in your mango cheese was so exciting, something in my heart told me I must have you.


Decibel underground sake bar, I'm so in love with you, whatever you want to do, is alright with me. 'Cause you make me feel so brand new, (let me tell ya) I want to spend my life with you. Pickled garlic, Japanese pancake with mayonnaise, sake, tofu, and rice cake, since, since we've been together, loving you forever is what I need... whether times are good or bad, happy or sad.


Al Di La, the way you make me feel (the way you make me feel), your Swiss chard stuffed Mulfati really turns me on (really turns me on) and your white salad with cauliflower, celery root, and fennel knocks me off my feet now baby (knocks me off my feet). With you, my lonely days are gone (lonely days are gone). Wooo hoo.


Bierkraft, you are the sunshine of my life. That's why I'll always stay around. Smoky Gouda Swiss spicy mustard roasted tomato arugula sandwich on a baguette, you are the apple of my eye. Forever you'll stay in my heart. I feel like this is the beginning, though I've loved you for a million years. And if I thought our love was ending, I'd find myself drowning in my own tears.

But New York, try as I might, I cannot stay. I knew that I was crazy, crazy for crying and crazy for trying and crazy for loving you. Crazy for thinking that my love could hold you. I'm crazy for trying and crazy for crying and I'm crazy for loving you.

But if you're lost and you look then you will find me. Time after time. If you fall I will catch you. I will be waiting. Time after time. I love you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you meet any cute drunk Japanese businessmen in Decibel? I love that place.