Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Freakin’ Jimmy’s. You gotta love it.

Even carry out from Jimmy’s is to die for. I mean, I think we can build a lasting relationship, me and Jimmy. I never thought I’d fall for a Clayton restaurant, but what can I say? He wooed me with his wily ways with mushrooms and asparagus! He’s educated, he’s successful, he’s handsome…

wait a second!! What? Huh?

Oh, um, anyway, here’s what I got:

  • Encrusted portabella mushroom: what’s it encrusted with? I dunno, but it’s fabulous.

  • Grilled asparagus, nice and charred, too.

  • Orange mash: carrot? Sweet potato? I don’t know. It was almost like a carrot risotto or something, not sweet, but deliciously savory. I couldn’t place the flavors, which is really weird for me, but it was amazing.

  • Spinach sautéed in garlic and a little soy, I think.

  • Asiago cheese cracker.

Even in a box, even after having sat in a heat lamp and my car for a good 20-30 minutes, this stuff rocked. This may be the one!!!

No comments: