Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm too old for you.

I'm too old for you.

Look, when we started hanging out, I thought, no big deal. It's all in good fun! I like cheese, you like cheese, sounds like a perfect night out to me!

But now that we’re spending nearly EVERY DAY together I am starting to question whether this is really appropriate. It’s not that you’re not good enough, Mac n’ Cheese, it’s me. Really. I’m THIRTY TWO. I just don’t know if we have a viable relationship.

That said, I REALLY LIKE YOU. I’m willing to give it a shot. But I can’t keep pretending I’m still a kid. We’re going to have to do this grown up style. We may even need to get you out of the box and start making you from scratch. At the very least, I’m going to dress you in grown up clothes. I’m adding tomatoes, peas, maybe even butternut squash. Mmmm…..

Ok we may have a future. But if I start hankering for Flintstones vitamins, we’re done. I have to face facts that I’m an adult and need to eat grown-up food. And I’m pretty sure they’re not going to make me sit at the kiddy table at T-giving this year. Big stuff for me. I can’t have you holding me back. But for the moment, I do like you. Let’s eat! xo

No comments: